ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2011-09 > 1316391837

From: "Glen Johnson" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Special license
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 21:23:57 -0300

According to my information, John Pinkney died in 1888 at age 74, which
would put his birth about 1814, so he would be at least 20 in 1835. Tamar
was baptised on Nov 7 1815. The 1901 census says she was born Dec 25 1813,
however, her older sister was born in February 1813, so I think that she was
actually born Dec 25 1814. Thus, she was also 20 at the time of her
marriage.

Tamar's sister Susanna was also married in the same church in 1932 and she
was only 19 at the time. In her case, her marriage was merely "by licence".

Sister Elizabeth was also married in the same church in 1834 at age 16 by
"special licence".
--

Glen Johnson

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada