ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2011-09 > 1315145542

From: "Karlena Lockett" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Frederick Bailey NAGLE died 24 April 1925 ThunderBay
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 00:12:22 +1000

Many thanks for that Joanna

-----Original Message-----
From: [mailto:] On
Behalf Of Joanna Waugh
Sent: Sunday, 4 September 2011 11:44 PM

Hello Karlena
A good source for finding what census is available is the Canadian
Genealogy Centre.
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/index-e.html

The images and index for the 1871 census have just come online. You
will find your Frederick in Blenheim, Oxford County, Ontario

The 1891 census shows his father was born England, mother born
Ireland.
In 1911 census , Frederick is enumerated as NAGEL.

On this site you will also find passenger records. The database is
currently not searchable by name but the database on Ancestry says
Frederick arrived July 4 1870 on the Peruvian. That is enough info
for you to be able to find him on the collections Canada site. He is
on page 8. He seemed to be with a group of 15 and 16 year old males.
Perhaps he was with a sponsored group.

Joanna

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 14:12:05 +1000
> From: "Karlena Lockett" <>
> Subject: [ONTARIO] Frederick Bailey NAGLE died 24 April 1925 Thunder
> Bay,Ontario
> To: <>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to this list and to research in Canada, so I am looking for
any
> ideas of what areas are open to me for research.
>
> I am from Launceston Tasmania Australia so a little far away to do
anything
> locally.
>

> I have recently found a reference on Family Search to the Death of
Frederick
> Bailey NAGLE at Fort William, Thunder Bay Ontario aged 70 with
parents
> listed as Henry NAGLE and Johanna MURPHY. There was also a marriage
of
> Frederick NAGLE to Ida Ann SHIPMAN 1 July 1886 at Hamilton,
Wentworth,
> Ontario. I am trying to find out if this could be the Frederich
Bailie NAGLE
> born to Henry Bailie and Johanna NAGLE in 1855 in London England. As
the
> ages match and the spelling difference could be from hearing the
name
> verbally rather than it being spelt out this sounds very much like
it could
> be one of my missing relatives.
>

> How do I go about finding out if this Frederick was born in England?
If he
> had any children?
>
> What access online is there to census records 1880 - 1920 for
Canada?