ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-12 > 1293459045

From: Joanna Waugh <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Penrose
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:10:45 -0500

Passenger records indicate that Elizabeth Broane (or Bronne) Penrose
arrived in Canada Jul 25 1921, leaving Liverpool , landed Quebec on
ship Canada with husband Richard Maurice Penrose going to 154
Yarmouth Rd in Toronto. She had never been in Canada before. She was
born in Kilwinning Scotland. His occupation at the time was customs
officer. His entry states his previous entry into Canada was Aug 1
1905 and had left Canada June 4 1921 for visit to England.

His WW1 attestation papers gave his next of kin as his mother Florence
Penrose at 154 Yarmouth Rd in toronto

>From 1901 England census, his parents were Richard and Florence both
born about 1870 in Truro Cornwall.

Elizabeth Penrose died in Toronto in 1973. Her husband predeceased
her. I'll send you her obit directly, haven't found his yet.
Joanna

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 14:40:11 +0100 (CET)
> From: david warburton <>
> Subject: [ONTARIO] Penrose
>
> Hi,
> Please could anyone help with info on :-
>
> Maurice PENROSE and his wife Elisabeth both born approx 1895 in
England and in
> Ontario with son Richard PENROSE born 1922,died 1988.
>
> Thanks
>
> Davi

This thread: