ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-09 > 1285470583

Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Who is Richard Park died 1894 in Newmarket???
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:09:43 -0700 (PDT)

This Richard Green Park was born in 1862 in Wilberfoss, Yorkshire. He died in 1924 in Ontario and his full name of Richard Green Park is used on the death registration and he is shown as 63 years old.

I know that the 2nd marriage of Richard shows his middle name as Graham instead of GREEN, but this was an error, possibly on the part of the clerk. The marriage registration of Richard PARK to Margaret ABERCROMBIE shows his parents as Thomas PARK & Catherine GRAHAM, but in fact his parents are Thomas PARK & Catherine GREEN. It also shows he was born in Wilberfoss which is correct.

There are 5 children born to Richard PARK & Margaret ABERCROMBIE. In all cases they show the parents as Richard Green PARK & Margaret ABERCROMBIE. There is one other child whose registrations shows Richard's middle name as Graham. But I am sure it is GREEN.

--- On Sat, 9/25/10, Brian Gilchrist <> wrote:

> Janet: Me thinks that Richard Parks
> who died in Newmarket on Sept. 20, 1894 aged 55 years, born
> in Yorkshire, England is your man ... and hence this can not
> be the same Richard Park who married in 1897.
>
> Cheers!
> J. Brian Gilchrist
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: <>

This thread: