ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-09 > 1285462327

Subject: [ONTARIO] Newmarket Cemetery
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone

We have an Eva NOBLE who married Richard Green PARK in Yorkshire and then emigrated to Canada. Could never find any info, that is until today. I find a birth of a child Catherine Gertrude Park in 1887 to Richard Green Park and mother being Eva Noble. In the Newmarket area. Child dies the following year. Cannot find a death of Eva PARK anywhere on the ancestry Ontario deaths. I find a 2nd marriage of Richard PARK in 1897 to Margaret Abercrombie. However, Richard's middle name is shown as Graham instead of GREEN, but I know it is him as his middle name is shown correct on births of children to 2nd wife.

I checked the OCFA database for an Eva PARK and came up with no hits. Then I checked just PARK under Newmarket and lo and behold I got 9 hits for PARK. One of them is the daughter Catherine Gertrude PARK and sure enough there is Eva PARK. Not sure why the info does not come up when I enter Eva's name.

Does anyone know anything about Newmarket Cemetery? Is it a big cemetery? Are there any MI's for this cemetery? On the OCFA, the only reference shown is YK-. Would anyone have any idea of how I could find any additional info on this cemetery? It is about an hour away from me, but I would go there if I thought I may be able to find the stone. But not sure how big it is. If anyone is familiar with this cemetery and could give me some info, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Janet

This thread: