ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-05 > 1273602741

From: Connie McCann-Wilkes <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Hamblin
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:32:21 -0400

Hello Arnold,

Just a thought, but a lot of Home Children (children of unfortunate
circumstances that had been brought to Canada from England by such
agencies as Dr. Bernardo's, Middlemores etc) signed up for the
Canadian Expeditionary Force in WW1. My father in law was one of those
children. It might be worth checking out the Home Children data base
(http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/home-children/index-e.html).
Good luck.

Connie McCann-Wilkes
Ottawa, Canada