ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-05 > 1273588117

From: "Joanna Waugh" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Hamblin
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:28:37 -0400

Hello Jean
I note from his attestation papers that he actually signed up in
Edmonton Alberta. I don't see any records for him in Ontario so it
would be better for you to use the Alberta mailing lists once you
pinpoint where he was living.

Here are some suggestions.

1. Get his land records from Alberta. He is in the Western Land
records database for Alberta. See http://abgensoc.ca/

2, Get his military service records. See how to order a file here

Good Luck

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 15:15:23 +0930
> From: Henry Connor <>
> Subject: [ONTARIO] Hamblin
> This is my first posting to the list, I am hoping someone can help
> my 'mystery man'.
> We have a copy of my great uncles Attestation Paper when he joined
> CEF on the 6/9/1915 in Ontario. Harry Wallace Hamblin DOB 22/10/1887
> Newcastle on-Tyne England, he stated he had been in the
> Fusiliers and gave my Grandfather's name as his next of kin but
> never mentioned him so we don't have any other information only that
> found him aged six in Tynemouth Workhouse North Shields. On the
> base he was listed as being with the 31st Canadian Infantry
> On the Attestation Paper there are 2 numbers, 467181 which is
> out and 101759, these numbers will not take us any further. My
> was born in Northumberland UK.
> Any suggestions that might help would be appreciated, I have a photo
> Harry in WW1 uniform.
> Jean Hamblin Connor in South Australia

This thread: