ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-05 > 1273587031

From: Stella Stanger <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Marriage, abt 1934-1938, Maybe Toronto
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:10:31 -0700

Hi, This marriage - may not yet be considered Public Record.
The Registraton of Marriage may be obtained by the person you are helping
From the Govt of Ontario - Vital Statistics Dept - in Thunder Bay Ontario .
Years ago the cost was $27.00 Canadian.
They will search - a few years either side of a given date.

ONTARIO

Office of the Registrar General
ServiceOntario
Ministry of Government Services
189 Red River Road
P.O. Box 4600
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6L8
Toll Free: 1-800-461-2156 - (Ontario only)
Tel: (416) 325-8305
Fax: (807) 343-7459
Business hrs: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday - Friday
<http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_for_residents/index.htm>www.serviceontario.ca

Were there other children born - prior to this person?
Some people would publish a marriage announcement - in the newspapers -
others an entry in the social pages of a
newspaper - describing the wedding etc.
I don't know if the newspapers of the day - would have indexed these events
Perhaps a Genealogical Society - for Ontario - may have done so
Cheers, Stella