ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-05 > 1273556723

From: Henry Connor <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] Hamblin
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 15:15:23 +0930

This is my first posting to the list, I am hoping someone can help with
my 'mystery man'.

We have a copy of my great uncles Attestation Paper when he joined the
CEF on the 6/9/1915 in Ontario. Harry Wallace Hamblin DOB 22/10/1887
Newcastle on-Tyne England, he stated he had been in the Northumberland
Fusiliers and gave my Grandfather's name as his next of kin but Grandad
never mentioned him so we don't have any other information only that we
found him aged six in Tynemouth Workhouse North Shields. On the data
base he was listed as being with the 31st Canadian Infantry Battalion.
On the Attestation Paper there are 2 numbers, 467181 which is crossed
out and 101759, these numbers will not take us any further. My Grandad
was born in Northumberland UK.
Any suggestions that might help would be appreciated, I have a photo of
Harry in WW1 uniform.
Jean Hamblin Connor in South Australia

This thread: