ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-05 > 1272938135

From: "Joyce Stevens" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] How might a Rev War vet have come to livein Northumberland Co., Ontario?
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:55:38 -0400

My Patriot came to Canada after the War to be with his Secord cousins and
remained in Ontario until his death.
Don't forget Laura Secord's Patriot father came to Canada when he became
disillusioned with American politics after the Revolution ended.
Suggest you check DAR records for Merrill. If listed, for a small fee they
will look through his family tree for you and send what they find.
It would be interesting to learn why he waited so long to apply for his
pension. It might have been he had a young wife and would have liked to
leave something for her after his death.