ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-04 > 1270229934

From: Pat Jeffs <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] McQuarrie-Wells
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:46:58 +0100

In the census, have you tried Marg't, Margret, and even Mary A instead of
Margaret? It was a name enumerators had trouble spelling and transcribers
had trouble reading.

Grey County (and Huron next door to the west) was settled by a lot of second
generation Canadians whose parents were still living on family farms further
south and east.
Good luck

Pat