ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-02 > 1267229962

From: "Mike More" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Need help -- Ancestry, 1871 Census, Column 23
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:19:22 -0500

That is the date when he took the information. If you scroll to the next
pages, you will see 11th April; going backward 8th April. He had completed
the first 8 lines on your page on the 8th, took the 9th off and was tracking
the date when he picked up again. Might be his signature afterwards: A
Johnston, Enum. Some enumerators did this. Then you know the actual date of
enumeration. Unfortunately, you don't know if the information is as of that
date or if he followed the instructions and recorded the information as of 2
April 1871 :-)

Mike More