ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-02 > 1266012821

From: "Olive Tree Genealogy" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Funds sent to Ireland during famine
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:13:41 -0500

Ann,

I don't know of any site that has or had this information.
But you can often find names of someone in Upper Canada/
Canada West/Ontario in local newspapers of the time.

I found mention of a distant relative back in the 1840s
sending money to Ireland when he lived in Guelph

<http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/english/guides/rg_212_newspap
ers.aspx>

has a list of all newspapers it holds

Lorine

On 12 Feb 2010 at 10:10, ann ritchie wrote:

> Some years ago I recall coming across a site that listed
> names of folks in Ontario who sent money to relatives in
> Ireland during hard times. These funds were sent through a
> company that had dealings in both countries.
>
> Does anyone have the address for that site? I have tried
> Canada Genweb and Google with no luck.
>
> Regards,
> Ann

> subject and the body of the message