ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2010-02 > 1266012821

From: "Olive Tree Genealogy" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Funds sent to Ireland during famine
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:13:41 -0500

I don't know of any site that has or had this information.
But you can often find names of someone in Upper Canada/
Canada West/Ontario in local newspapers of the time.

I found mention of a distant relative back in the 1840s
sending money to Ireland when he lived in Guelph

has a list of all newspapers it holds