ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2009-07 > 1248704789

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Hugh Robert McNAIR 1890 Kingston
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:26:29 +0100

Hi Marg

Thanks for the reply ..

On 26/7/09 20:22, "Marg McFarlane" <> wrote:

> I found his WWI draft reg & a passenger list, both saying born at Kingston,
> ON. His birth may never have been registered, as sometimes happened.
Those are our sources for his birth

> Do you know his parents' names?
Those given on the registration of his second marriage in Scotland 1947 are
Dr Hugh Robert Michael McNAIR and Flora Iris CAMPBELL.

The marriage was announced in "The Times" London and there he is "son of the
late Doctor and Mrs H R M McNair of Kingston -on-Thames". I suspect this
was a corruption of Kingston Ont!
We've never found them together but son Hugh is with Flora in New York in
1910 with her second husband (Frederick W KING)

This ties in with his first daughter born 1918 being called Flora C ( seen
on passenger lists with parents going to and from India in 1920's). Second
daughter is Helen Roberta born near Kew Gardens London in 1919.

This man travelled around and is difficult to pin down at times.

Any further thoughts or sighting would be gratefully received

Many thanks

Robin

--
Robin and Margaret McEwen-King