ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2009-05 > 1242991848

From: "Glen Johnson" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Birth Dates
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:30:48 -0300

As far as I can see, Steve Morse's calculator is extremely hard to use and
gives the wrong results.

The pro-genealogists site: http://www.progenealogists.com/birthfromdeath.htm
does compute correctly.

I have answered this question extensively in the past (see the archives).
If you want to see the manual method of calculating, you can e-mail me
directly - very few people like it. Cyndi's List gives a bunch of
calculators, but I did not check them at this time. There are several web
sites that give the correct answer:

http://www.angelfire.com/va/ValsGenealogyPage/Calculator.html

http://www.searchforancestors.com/utility/birthday.html There are a lot of
tips here too.

There is a downloadable calculator at:
http://www.taubman.org.uk/datecalc/index.html I checked this several years
ago, and it worked right then - I see no reason why that would change.

DO make note that the date has been calculated. In the future, you may come
across a date that differs by one or two days, then you can determine which
is most likely based on the strength of the new information.

--
Glen Johnson
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada