ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2009-02 > 1233986537

From: "D O'" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] 1891 Census --Clark ,Robert--Correction
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 06:02:17 +0000

Hi again:

If you should happen to use a Library that has access to Ancestry you can enter that comment to the name so that others who may be searching but who do not use this List will see it.

There are many such errors by both enumerators, transcribers and registrars and I always find it helpful when someone has put in an alternate name.

Cheers!
Doreen
======> Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:40:05 -0600> From: > To: > Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] 1891 Census --Clark ,Robert--Correction> > Hi Doreen,> I do not subscribe to Ancestry and do not know if it would help as the > family is enumerated as Robert Clark but his last son John appears on the > next page as Clarke John ,son so obviously it is the same family. They are > on the 1871 and 1881 census so I was just wanting people to be aware of the > enumerators mistake even if it cannot be fixed.> Thanks,> Rae in Sask.> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "D O'" <>> To: <>> Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 4:47 PM> Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] 1891 Census --Clark ,Robert--Correction> > > >> > Hello Rae:> >> > Did you know that you can make a "comment" with respect to the correction > > on Ancestry? You might have to give a reference to another Census for > > verification. When you reach the index page click on View Record from > > left margin and you'll see the reference to the "comments".> >> > Cheers!> > Doreen> > ====== > Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:33:28 -0600> From: > > > To: > Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] > > 1891 Census --Clark ,Robert--Correction> > Hi Listers,> I as the > > gr.gr.grandaughter of Robert and Jane Clark must advise of an enumeration > > mistake which this is the only way I know of correcting for it other > > researchers. Robert,Jane,Eli,Martin and James are down as last name Robert > > not Clark as it should be. Robert and Jane's son John is enumerated as > > Clarke ,John so it was confusing finding the rest of the family until I > > looked in the Ont.Gen.Soc. site and found out that their neighbours were > > the Stephen McQuaig family. Upon locating this family then I find Robert > > and Jane Clark family misenumerated as Robert,Clark. > Thank-you for your > > time and the help others have given me over the years.> > Rae in Sask.> > > > ***********> Search Ontario Genealogy & Resources at

The new Windows Live Messenger. You don’t want to miss this.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/messenger.aspx

This thread: