ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2008-10 > 1225448005

From: "Betty" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] First Posting SURNAME Mcdonald,Hugh= MacCorquodale, Peter
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:13:25 -0400

Hi Paul,

I'd just like to offer an FYI. One of my gr-gr-grandfather's was Evan
CORKILL who was born on the Isle of Man in 1827. I started researching
him 5-6 years ago. At the beginning of my research, I found out that the
origin of that surname was similar to your surname: MacCORQUODALE. I
don't remember the exact spelling of the original name at this moment.
There is a very good web site discussing this original surname and some of
the names which came off of it. I don't have the URL handy, but I think
I posted it on my CORKILL List. I'll go to the archives of the List and
find it for you.

Betty (near Lowell, MA, USA)