ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2008-05 > 1211896459

From: "Don Krieger" <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] Illegitimacy?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:54:19 -0400

What does "legitimate" mean for the child, in legal terms. Here in
Pennsylvania and I think for most of the states, it's my understanding that
it's the mother's name which is the important one listed on a child's birth
certificate. She can give a father's name or not.

Bigamy though, is a real crime here. I'm not an expert on the law, but I
think there are lots of protections built into the law for the children.

Don