ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2008-03 > 1206285527

From: Marlene Cox <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] More advice - PATTERSON Search
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:18:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Heather and all
The transcribers of the census often miss read or
miss heard the names and wrote down what they thought
was right. my maiden name of Nidd has been Kidd, Kid,
Midd, Widd, I am still trying to figure out how my
grandmother Florence Caroline was registered on the
1901 census as Jelomine when she was Florence on the
1891 census.
Marlene in Oakville

```````````````
> Hi List & Heather Brown
> If I were you, I would check the film myself.
> Chittie is one person's
> opinion, you have to form your own opinion.
> Heather in Orillia
`````````````
> St Andrews Ward, Toronto, York, Ontario - 1880
> PATTERSON
> Joseph -38 -Quebec - D. G. Salesman (D.G - fits in
> with directory entry given by Joanna Waugh as
> Joseph's occupation Dry Goods retail shop)

> Chittie - 38 - USA
> George - 9 - Ontario
> Joseph - 7 - Ontario
> Sumner - 2 - Ontario