ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2008-01 > 1199552749

From: "Scott Shipman" <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] Thorne in Cornwall need help
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 12:05:49 -0500

Hi

I am wondering if someone might help me with the following name. I have a
Great Grandmother Beatrice Mary Thorne born in about 1879 in Cornwall
Ontario. She married a gentleman born in the States by the name of Fred
Tremain Setchell...who is believed to be buried in Chicago.

Would like to learn more about Beatrice and her family if they appear in
1881 Census or 1891 Census. Marriage of Thorne to Setchell...could be
variances here Satchell Setchel Satchal.

Beatrice died about 1937 in Toronto...obituary would be great. I spent
about 4 hours the other day going through Census records and such with no
luck. So if there is anyone on this list that has these interests or can
help me with any of this it would be appreciated.

Fred by the way was from an American family that may have been quite high up
in the American Slave trade...not real happy about this part but that is the
way it was.

Thanks

Scott

This thread: