ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2007-11 > 1195085106

From: SHIRLEY WATTS <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Cemeteries & the Privacy Act
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:05:06 -0500 (EST)

so if I am the deceased family member could not I have it????????? The people I am looking for is my great grandmothers family. Thanks for your help

D O' <> wrote:

I could be mistaken but I am under the impression that a cemetery can give information regarding a burial because that is their business whereas giving information regarding a death date is the business of the deceased and his/her survivors and therefore falls under the Privacy Act.

See: http://www.privcom.gc.ca/legislation/02_07_01_e.asp

Cheers!
Doreen