ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2007-06 > 1182683116

From: "Olive Tree Genealogy" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Fw: Isabella Gregory (nee Alston)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 07:05:16 -0400

On 24 Jun 2007 at 8:27, Yahoo wrote:

> Thank you to all who have helped with posts concerning my Great Aunt
> Isabella Gregory and her husband, Arthur. There is a possibility that Arthur
> first came to Canada as one of the 'Home Children'. I believe I have found

It will cost you nothing to find out if Arthur is in the
Barnardo's Records (if the party arriving on SS Sardinian
was a Barnardo's home party). If he is, you pay a
reasonable fee and they will send you copies of his full
file.

See http://olivetreegenealogy.com/can/ont/homekids.shtml to
get the links and addresses you need to find out more

> questions as to whether he came back as part of the war effort, and whether
> he joined the Canadian or British Army, and then returned to Canada with

The CEF database is online and freely searchable for
Attestation Papers. If you find your man, you can view the
front and back of the Attestation but be aware that this
may be only a small part of the full set of records. You
can send to LAC for the full file, which may range from one
paper to dozens.

See Canadian Military Heritage Project for a link to search
the online CEF
http://www.rootsweb.com/~canmil/

Lorine
-- Lorine McGinnis Schulze

* Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
http://olivetreegenealogy.com/
* Naturalization Records
http://naturalizationrecords.com/
* Images of Ships Lists