ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2007-06 > 1182502875

From: "Yahoo" <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] Fw: Isabella Gregory (nee Alston)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:01:15 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 9:38 AM
Subject: Isabella Gregory (nee Alston)

Hello,

I wonder if someone could advise me where to go with the information I have on a Great Aunt. I will be visiting Toronto in August and would like to obtain as much information as possible on her. The information I have so far is as below:

My Great Aunt was Isabella Alston Born Ardwick 1885 Chorlton 8c 748 4th quarter in United Kingdom and she married Arthur Gregory Born Ardwick 1880 Chorlton 8c 763 1st quarter United Kingdom.

Isabella emigrated to Toronto, Canada after her marriage, but I am not sure when, possibly travelling by ship to Toronto. Arthur died in approx 1946 in Toronto. Isabella died in approx 1962 in Toronto. Not sure if she was buried or cremated. Her parents were George Cowman Alston & Ann Jane Gregory, both from the UK.

Isabella's last known address in 1945 was, 438 Jones Avenue GL 7613, Toronto. She regularly travelled back to the UK during the late 50's, early 60's by ship arriving into Liverpool Docks.

I am desperately trying to find details of her death and any Will she may have left. As far as I am aware she never had any children, therefore what would have happened to her Estate after her death?

Any help and advise in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Regards,
Robert Alston

This thread: