ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2007-06 > 1180918909

From: "D O'" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Who's hiding the originials
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 01:01:49 +0000

Hi again:

I'm sure you have all of this but thought I'd send it along anyway, as
something may lead to more info.

Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1857-1922
about Louis Lardie
Name: Louis Lardie
Birth Place: Canada
Residence: Wellington Square
Age: 31
Father Name: Louis
Mother Name: Jane
Estimated birth year: 1837
Spouse Name: Hannah M. Kurtz
Spouse's Age: 21
Spouse Birth Place: Canada
Spouse Residence: Wellington Square
Spouse Estimated Birth Year: 1847
Spouse Father Name: Peter
Spouse Mother Name : Hannah
Marriage Date: 29 Mar 1868
Marriage County: Halton
Family History Library Microfilm: 1030057
Source: Indexed by: Genealogical Research Library
Source Citation: County: Canada; Number: ; Date: 3/29/1868.

Household:

Name Marital Status Gender Ethnic Origin Age Birthplace Occupation Religion
Louis LARDIE M Male French 60 Quebec Cooper Catholic
Hannah LARDIE M Female American 31 O <Ontario> Catholic
Rossetta LARDIE Female French 10 O <Ontario> Going To School
Eusemine LARDIE Male French 9 O <Ontario> Going To School
Oliver LARDIE Male French 7 O <Ontario> Going To School
Louise LARDIE Female French 5 O <Ontario>
George LARDIE Male French 2 O <Ontario>
Source Information:
Census Place Burlington, Halton, Ontario
Family History Library Film 1375893
NA Film Number C-13257
District 150
Sub-district B
Page Number 26
Household Number 132

Did you see this entry on Rootsweb's World Connect? Perhaps the marriage of
Louis and his first wife might clear up the mystery of parents names.

Submitter: Suzanne Ecker

ID: I11348
Name: Louis LARDIE
Surname: Lardie
Given Name: Louis
Sex: M
Birth: 1831 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Death: 19 Dec 1886 in Burlington, Ontario, Canada
_UID: 6D73A139AF50D71190F0004033A6CA0C1091
Change Date: 10 May 2004 at 01:00:00

Father: Louis LARDIE
Mother: Jane

Marriage 1 - Rosalie BEAUCHAMP b: 29 Jul 1829 in St Henri de Mascouche,
L'Assomption Co., P.Q. Canada
Married: 1848 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Children
James LARDIE b: 22 Mar 1863 in Milton, Halton County, Ontario, Canada

Marriage 2 - Hannah M KURTZ
Married: 29 Mar 1868 in Wentworth County, Ontario

Cheers Peggy!

Doreen

>Subject: [ONTARIO] Who's hiding the originials
>Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 18:54:35 EDT
>
>Stupid question but I'm brave and going to plunge into it. I photocopied
>page from "County Marriage Records Registers of Ontario, Canada 1858-1869
>Vol.II Halton County". It has a marriage listed:
>
>Lardie Louis, 31, Wellington Square, Canada, s/o Louis and Jane, married 29
>March1868 Hannah M Kurtz, 21, Wellington Square, Canada, d/o Peter and
>Hannah.
>
>This man was from Montreal Quebec and is old Fr. Can. back to 1666. The
>PRDH has great records and by all the church registers and the PRDH Louis'
>father wasn't Louis but George and mother was Josepht Chartrand not Jane.
>I got
>lots of St. Augustine records here with names in backwards and just
>general,
>obviously, recording errors. It would appear that when French Cans. came
>into
>Ontario they dropped the hard to say French names. They simplified as the
>1851 census takers were priviledged people to read and write well.
>However
>Jean Baptiste Lardie is listed as John. Louis is written Lewis. As I
>said
>just English friendly.
>
>I know who this Louis is. His age should be 37. I can see a seven being
>written as 1. Simple mistake. I can see "them" typing Louis for the
>father's
>name. Just repeated the name they just typed. (That has happened a lot
>of
>times) I can also see saying Josepht would probably mean spell it and
>this
>Louis was a labourer so Jane might seem easier and how was he to know he
>would
>drive me crazy. I need to see the originals that these were typed from.
>WHERE ARE THEY? (please do send me to a place that starts with H and has
>four
>letters-LOL). Probably won't help because if the minister was in error
>the
>typist did just fine but it is the only opportunity to straighten this
>out.
>
>Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>Peggy Large UE
>

>"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"
>thanks to Jimmy Buffett!

Windows Live Hotmail, with safety bar colour coding, helps identify
suspicious mail before it takes your daughter out on a date. Upgrade today
for a better look. www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA152

This thread: