ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2007-05 > 1179192829

From: "Brian Gilchrist" <>
Subject: [ONTARIO] History Televison series of interest to genealogists andhistorians
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:33:49 -0400

Hello everyone: As some of you may know, last summer and fall I was the
Project Genealogist for a new "History Television" genealogy documentary
series which is called "Bloodlines".

The first episode which deals with the Riel Rebellion airs tomorrow night,
Tuesday May 15, at 9:00 p.m. on History Television.

The story evolves around the missing body of Thomas Scott who Riel had
executed, and also possibly the search for relatives of a 10 year old girl
accidentally killed at the Battle of Battoche. Many of the families involved
have Ontario roots.

While I have not seen the finished product, I am supposed to have on-line
credit at the end ...and you may even see me in action during the
documentary!

It is an "irregular" series, so I will let you know when the next episode is
scheduled. Episodes on the Battle of Queenston Heights, and the Battle of
the Plains of Abraham have been done. Work is ongoing for the episodes
dealing with the American War for Independence, as well as one on Canadians
who served in the US Civil War.

Cheers!
J. Brian Gilchrist

Mr. Gilchrist will be lecturing on Irish Genealogy on Saturday May 26 at
Global Genealogy in Campbellville, Ontario. Visit their website and call to
register. If the class is filled, another session will be scheduled.

This thread: