ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2007-04 > 1175737428

From: "D O'" <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Canadian Border Crossings 1895-1956 + REYNOLDS
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 01:43:48 +0000

Hello Joanne:

The 1911 Canada Census re Gertrude Reynolds indicates that she is a widow
and that she arrived in Canada from England in 1887.

As you have found them in the 1900 USA Census, there is a good chance that
John Reynolds died and is buried in NY state. You may want to check the
death registrations for NY state.

Cheers!

Doreen
========

>From: R&S leetooze <>
>Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Canadian Border Crossings 1895-1956
>Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 09:07:18 -0400
>
>JoAnne:
>Sounds to me as if your John was sent from circuit to circuit, with
>some of his postings being in the US. Where are you writing
>from? Canada? If there is a chance you could get to the United
>Church Archives at Victoria University (part of U of T) at Toronto,
>you'd likely find your John Reynolds and all the places he was
>posted. They do not conduct research for you, not even for $$$ so
>you either have to hire a researcher to go there on your behalf or
>get there yourself! Just across the road from the ROM so it would be
>a good outing for the family!!!<grin>
>Hope this gives you a new avenue of research!
>Sher
>Bowmanville
>

>At 01:06 AM 3/30/07, you wrote:
> >I am trying to find out when John Reynolds b: 1837 Eng came to
> >Canada with his wife Gertrude b: 1854 Eng. I found him in US but
> >cannot find him in Canada . The family was found on the US Oyster
> >Bay,NY 1900 census in New York and the next I found them again in
> >Stratford,Ontario 1911 census but no John, he is not buried with her
> >? Where did he go ? Could someone please look and see if he came to
> >Canada with his wife and family and when. Thankyou kindly for
> >anyhelp or suggestions. JoAnne

Check Out Our List Of Trendy Restaurants. You'll Eat It Up!
http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/?v=2&cid=A6D6BDB4586E357F!378

This thread: