ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2007-01 > 1168442329

From: Madeleine English <>
Subject: Re: [ONTARIO] Need handwriting help in 1851 Canada West census
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:18:49 -0800 (PST)

Hello, Bob

I tried to decipher the name, but it's really difficult. At first, I thought that except for
the first letter, it was leina or eina-- tried Delina, Delima, Aeina, Sleina etc. But, looking at
the rest of the handwriting on the page, the "D" isn't clear enough. But, perhaps what I thought was leina is actually 1st letter, and una - so "maybe" Auna? Sorry, but that's
the best I could do. Too bad you can't scroll forward or backward a page to see samples
of the handwriting that could help.

Turned my head sidewise to look from a different angle. Can't look at it from upside down,
or I'd try that. Different angles made me thing "possibly" Luna,Rina, Runa, Mina, Lina?

Sorry, Sending suggestions in the hope that another family member had the same name/nickname.

Madeleine J. English
Sacramento, Calaifornia

Madeleine J. English
Sacramento, California