ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2006-05 > 1148473728

From: Crandall Family <>
Subject: Re: [ONT] Now what do I do?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:28:48 -0400

The exact dates suggest that the birth was registered correctly the first time
and then registered a second time [perhaps the registrar forgot that
he had included it in the proper year?] .. but the registrar put the
wrong year on it when he wrote it in the books the second time.

Also, the parents could have notified the registrar the first
time...... and then a parish priest could have submitted a list of
names, at a later date, of those he had baptised & the wrong year got
put on it.

The vital stats registers are full of errors.

Mary