ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2006-03 > 1143555515

From: "Olive Tree Genealogy" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT] RE: US Bound Ship Manifests
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:18:35 -0500

I forwarded Heather's message to a more appropriate list --
. I believe she's already had a
response from that list, someone has found her Alice Slater
on the Ancestry website

A word of caution for anyone using CastleGarden.org. Not
only is it not complete but it has ships that arrived in
ports other than Castle Garden. These are not notated so it
is not clear what port of arrival is involved.

A very good search engine for the CG website is Steve
Morse's one step at http://www.stevemorse.org/

And now - back to Ontario genealogy and history :-)

Lorine

On 28 Mar 2006 at 8:44, Gordon Hillman wrote:

> Ship arrivals at Castle Garden can be checked at
>
> www.castlegarden.org
>
> Castle Garden was the major New York immigration site prior
> to Ellis Island
>
> Gordon
>
> ------------------------------
> Gordon Hillman, Professional Genealogist
> 40 years of genealogical research experience in Canada,
> U.S., England, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Slovakia
> and elsewhere

-- Lorine McGinnis Schulze

* Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
http://olivetreegenealogy.com/
* Naturalization Records
http://naturalizationrecords.com/
* Images of Ships Lists