ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2006-03 > 1142472706

From: "vardy-wands" <>
Subject: RE: [ONT] Seeking Information on Turnquist
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:31:46 -0500

Hello Willis:

One source for deaths in Ontario, is the searchable (for a fee) 'Pages of
the Past' for 1894-2002, available at the following web site:

http://thestar.pagesofthepast.ca/

You can check out the prices and the best way to limit your costs with the
best return of information. You can try out the 1945 sample search for free
to see how if works and whether you want to go further. I always search by
surname year by year if it is a common name, or 5 years at a time if it is
distinctive.

With a distinctive name like TURNQUIST, you should be able to cover a lot of
ground quickly.

There is also another GTA mailing list site that might be of interest to you
at:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=board&r=rw&p=localities.northam.canada
.ontario.toronto

One further thought - perhaps the name was spelled differently - so I
checked Canada 411 which is located at:

http://1canada411.sympatico.msn.ca/

I searched using a wild card search i.e. turnq* for Ontario only. Two
listings showed in Ontario for the name TURNQUEST.

You might want to contact them.

Hope that is of some help to you:

Allan Wands, Toronto