ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2004-10 > 1099022593

From: Sharon Sergeant <>
Subject: historical newspapers
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:03:15 -0700 (PDT)

These folks in Connecticut have an online library access to Proquest resources - probably the best
value for online subscriptions I have ever seen.

Godfrey Memorial Library
To access the online resources from home you will need to be a Godfrey Scholar.
Godfrey Scholars enjoy remote access to thousands of digital records for an annual fee of $35.00.
If you are not a member and would like to subscribe, either download the application form and mail
it in, or call the library to register (860) 346-4375.
http://www.godfrey.org/

From: "Joanna Waugh" <> ...
> The ProQuest company has many newspaper archives that they license mostly to institutions. These
> include Canada's Heritage from 1844 which is the Globe and Mail archive, The Toronto Star Pages
> of the Past, and some of the major US papers are included in the product called "ProQuest
> Historical Newspapers" The Toronto Star archive is available to individuals on a subscription
> basis so I have used that many times.
>
> Now, I am interested in accessing The Globe and Mail and also the ProQuest Historical Newspapers
> product. My local library does not subscribe to either of these archives. How I can I access
> these databases?
> Joanna

=====
Sharon Sergeant