ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2004-10 > 1098121486

From: "Lorine McGinnis Schulze" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT] Library and Archives Ottawa
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:44:49 -0400

On 18 Oct 2004 at 19:16, Juliet Jewell wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to check a passenger list in Library and
> Archives Canada 395 Wellington Street Ottawa, I know the
> references but I don't live in Canada. I wonder if there are
> volunteers for this, or if someone would be so kind as to
> help me. Thank you very much for your help, Juliet

If you want to order filmed passenger lists (remember they
aren't indexed!), a list of NAC microfilm numbers for
passenger lists to Canada 1865-1922 can be found at

http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/filmnos_can1865.shtml

These are available on ILL (InterLibraryLoan) or you can
find the equivalent Family History Library film and order
the films in to your nearest Centre.

In either case, filmed passenger lists are readily
available to those in the USA :-)

Lorine
-- Lorine McGinnis Schulze

* Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
http://olivetreegenealogy.com/
* Naturalization Records
http://naturalizationrecords.com/
* Images of Ships Lists