ONTARIO-L ArchivesArchiver > ONTARIO > 2004-04 > 1081465010
From: Helen Smith <>
Subject: Re: [ONT] PLEASE CHECK FOR VIRUS
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:56:50 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
THIS IS A HOAX. IGNORE IT.
For information on virus hoax
From: Dwayne & Wendy
Date: 04/08/04 15:41:32
Subject: [ONT] PLEASE CHECK FOR VIRUS
Since I have mailed u things, I wanted u to see this. There are also
Unfortunately a virus may have been passed to me through an address book
virus . Since you are in my address book you will probably find it in your
computer, too. The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton or
McAfee Anti virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before
damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by address
book whether or not you sent
e-mail to your contact. Basically, that means you will pass it along
unknowingly, as I did. I was sent the email and am now passing it on to
you as to how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. Please do
this. It is very simple to do and takes about 2 minutes.
1. Go to start, then click your "find and search" option.
2. In the folder option type jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C drive and all the sub folders and any other
drives you may have.
4. Click "Find now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT OPEN
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select All" to highlight
the file without opening it.
7. Now go to File ( on the menu bar) and select DELETE. It will then go
into your recycle bin.
If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your address
book!!!! So that they may eradicate the virus from their own address
To do this:
1. Open a new email message
2. Click the icon Address Book next"TO"
3. Highlight every name and to "BCC"
4. Copy the message and paste to email as this will effect everyone in
your address book.
I CHECKED MY COMPUTER AND THERE IT WAS. I FOLLOWED THE ABOVE STEPS TO
REMOVE IT...CHECK YOUR COMPUTER, AND IF YOU HAVE IT, REMOVE IT, AND NOTIFY
==== ONTARIO Mailing List ====
Can't find a town/township/county in Ontario? Try the
Ontario Locator at http://www.rootsweb.com/~canon/locator/ OR
Canadian Geographical Names at
|Re: [ONT] PLEASE CHECK FOR VIRUS by Helen Smith <>|