ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2004-04 > 1080858639

From: Dwayne & Wendy <>
Subject: PLEASE CHECK FOR VIRUS
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:30:39 -0500

Since I have mailed u things, I wanted u to see this. There are also instructions. CB
Unfortunately a virus may have been passed to me through an address book virus . Since you are in my address book you will probably find it in your computer, too. The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee Anti virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by address book whether or not you sent
e-mail to your contact. Basically, that means you will pass it along unknowingly, as I did. I was sent the email and am now passing it on to you as to how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. Please do this. It is very simple to do and takes about 2 minutes.

1. Go to start, then click your "find and search" option.
2. In the folder option type jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C drive and all the sub folders and any other
drives you may have.
4. Click "Find now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT OPEN IT.
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select All" to highlight
the file without opening it.
7. Now go to File ( on the menu bar) and select DELETE. It will then go into your recycle bin.
If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your address
book!!!! So that they may eradicate the virus from their own address
books.
To do this:
1. Open a new email message
2. Click the icon Address Book next"TO"
3. Highlight every name and to "BCC"
4. Copy the message and paste to email as this will effect everyone in
your address book.
I CHECKED MY COMPUTER AND THERE IT WAS. I FOLLOWED THE ABOVE STEPS TO REMOVE IT...CHECK YOUR COMPUTER, AND IF YOU HAVE IT, REMOVE IT, AND NOTIFY YOUR CONTACTS.

This thread: