ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2004-02 > 1078099899

From: "James Clark" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT] Mt. Pleasant, Toronto and OGS cemetery transcribing in general - comments
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:11:44 -0500

Hi All:
With regard to Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Toronto.
About four years ago I went to their head office ( I made an appointment) and they have a small room with a computer terminal. When you entered the surname into their data base, one got all the burials of that surname with a reference number. Then they had a hard copy file where one could look up the location of the grave. They also had good maps of the cemetery that one could follow to find the grave. When I went to the office of the cemetery( off Younge St.) they took the dozen, or so, sites that I had and photocopied the file for each site. There were names & dates in some of the sites that I was not aware of and these were a further leads in my search. I certainly found them co-operative. Of course this requires someone to actually go to the offices and do the search. Some of the graves did not have a head stone but I still was able to find out who was buried there.
Jim Clark