ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2002-12 > 1040305714

From: "Jean Payton" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT] Foster child of the 1930s
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:48:34 -0500

Hi Listers:

I have a question. Is there a way that a person can get info
from the 1911 Census for proof of birth of a person in Ontario in
1908 although his birth was not registered with the Province? I
am looking for the birth record of my late father-in-law. Since
none of his siblings ever had birth records I am in need of proof
that he was born in Massey, Sudbury Co., Ontario.

I have this family listed in the 1901 Census in Massey and I also
have the death record of his father who died in 1910 in Sudbury
Hospital but I need to be able to prove his birth and they only
way I can do that is to find out from the 1911 Census.

Is there a person or office of the government who can do this
look up of that Census and only give me the info of his residence
at the time of his birth? If so who do I contact? And Where?
Any and all help is greatly apprciated.
Jean Payton

This thread: