ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2002-06 > 1023211316

From: roberta kerr <>
Subject: Re: [Ont] Coronations; Pearls; and Jubilee Day
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:22:14 -0600

J. Brian Gilchrist

I would die to have that kind of information about my ancestor! How
intriguing! Perhaps in another 50-100 years the info may become available
to your descendants.

I just finished reading a book written about the royal years leading up to
Victoria becoming queen. There are all kinds of stories about illegitimate
relationships and children of royalty that were accepted by the royal
families. It was Victoria's mother who kept this info from Victoria (she
considered them beneath her) and did not allow her to know about them let
alone meet them, while other members of the royal families socialized with
them.

Regards
Roberta

This thread: