ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2002-03 > 1016948570

Subject: [Ont] Sending Money
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:42:52 EST

In a message dated 3/23/02 11:02:14 PM Central Standard Time,

> Unless she has a bank account for U.S. dollars they will not cash it.
> Best thing is get a money order in Canadian dollars from your bank or post
> office.
I don't know about this. I have sent Canadians personal checks many times
and no one has ever said that they had a problem with it. Canadian
researchers don't seem to mind American money at all because it is worth a
little more after the exchange rate.

Any Canadians who have received American checks want to chime in on this one?

This thread: