ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2002-01 > 1012153216

Subject: [Ont] Lemieux children deaths
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:40:16 EST

I know that my grandmother and her parents and sibling were living in Kenora
from 1889 until about 1911. Sometime in the very early 1900s (after the 1901
census) two of the children in that family died...According to the 1901
census there weas a boy named Oscar born in 1900 and a child named Anne born
in 1897. Anne was one of a set of twin girls, I am told by the daughter of
the surviving twin that these two children died in the same week. I have
visisted Kenora and discovered that there was a fire or a flood or maybe a
plague of locusts...something anyhow that destroyed records in the cemetery
and so I was not able to locate graves or dates. The family belonged to
Notre Dame church there in Kenora...would that church have death records?
Cheryl Quinn
These children's parents were named Joseph Lemieux and Alvina LeBlanc

This thread: