ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2002-01 > 1011116877

From: "Janet Lovegrove" <>
Subject: [Ont] Are You Researching Ancestors from Yorkshire???
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:02:27 -0500

Hi Everyone

I realize that this is an Ontario List. But the majority of us have
ancestors in many different places.

If anyone has any ancestors from Yorkshire, you may be interested to know
that we are planning a "Get Together" this summer in Yorkshire. I belong to
the mailing List Yorksgen and we had a "Get Together" in 2000. We had a
program that included some very interesting and helpful speakers. We
learned a lot about our ancestors and how they lived. We went on tours to
the different resources. We met and had a great time with a large number of
people from all over the world. (Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand,
Portugal, Germany, and the UK)

This year, we are doing it all over again. The main part of our get
together will start on Saturday June 29 in York when we visit the York
Family History Fair. I believe it is the biggest. The next day we will
book into Oxley Hall in Leeds which is a dorm type of facility. We will
stay there with B & B. Some days are planned, some are open for your own
research or touring. After we check out on July 6th, a number of us will
rent the same houses we did in York for an extra week. They are 10 bedroom
houses with a large shared kitchen. Cost for the house rental is 350 pounds
for the week shared between 10 people or 35 pounds each for the week.
Facilities are great. From there, we will do our own thing. Bus
transportation is nearby that takes you into the City of York. You can
connect to buses and trains.

The reason I am writing this, is because for many of us, a trip like this is
a dream. But often, you do not have someone else who is interested to go
with you. Or maybe you don't know enough about planning such a trip. Many
people who went last year, were solo. If anyone is interested in more
info, please contact me off list.

Janet Lovegrove
Brampton, Ontario

This thread: