ONTARIO-L ArchivesArchiver > ONTARIO > 2001-12 > 1009572971
Subject: [Ont] Crown Grants and Loyalists
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:56:17 EST
I wonder if someone out there could be of assistance.
My brother found copies of 3 Crown grants regarding my 4 gggg grandfather,
The records are from the Twp. of Thorold and concern 3 lots, lots 107, 130,
It states the instrument is:
1. a Patent.
2. all three Dated May 16, 1798.
3. Grantor: Crown
4. Grantee: Isaac Haney
5. Quantity of Land: All 100 acres (each)
1. Would these constitute proof that he was UEL?
2. What would these types of documents indicate other than he was the first
holder of the land?
3. Is there anything else I should investigate?