ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2000-07 > 0964766211

From: wiccan <>
Subject: Re: [ONT] info
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:36:51 -0600

Greetings, Margaret:

I do agree with you. My hubbie doesn't really support me in this, he
tolerates it. As you say, most of the rellies don't care. But it
doesn't matter, the hobby is rewarding in itself. I have a
granddaughter, age 4, and am hoping that I'll still be around to see
her start caring about it. Her Daddy is very supportive, and I'm
fairly sure he'll communicate that support to her, so I shall be
leaving him and her a lasting legacy.

I did send out hard-copied stuff to a whole lot of rellies one time
about a year or so back. Not one of them even bothered to write and
say thankyou, let alone to add any info to what I had sent them. This
was disappointing, to say the least. But I learned my lesson. If
they want it, then it is up and posted to the web, and they can pick
it up whenever they get themselves hooked up, other than that, I'm not
spending anything to send any of it out to anyone. It is there for my
own satisfaction, and for the enjoyment of any and all distant rellies
that do care about it.

Clayton Blackburn wrote:

> ... I do this research for myself it is strictly selfish.
> My husband supports all my finds and my time finding it,
> but the rest of my family couldn't really care. And you
> know what that is fine with me. If someone wants the
> information that I have I am more then willing to share.
> I think that is the object of "Family Tree's" . If others
> don't share your enthusiasm don't let it bother you.
> The web has led me to alot of cousins...
> THANKS EVERYONE!!
> Margaret

This thread: