ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 2000-02 > 0950751478

From: Linda Neely <>
Subject: ONT - Neely's in Dufferin Co
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:37:58 -0600

I've been "lurking" for a couple of weeks now and this seems like a
really helpful list, so here goes with my family interests in Ontario.

I am looking for info on the John Neely family in Dufferin County,
Melancthon Twn, but also Mulmur and Amaranth. I have also found them in
Proton Twn, Grey Co. And, they owned land in McKellar Twn, Parry Sound
District! John's wife was Anne McLean and they had 8 children that I
know of.
John and Anne were both born in Ireland circa 1800-1810, the first
record I have of them in Ontario is the 1851 census where they are in
Melancthon, with the first child born about 1835 in Ontario.
Children - Anne (Ben Cole), John Benjamin, Alexander, Thomas Maclean,
(my g-grandfather), Margaret (Ishmael Ruebotham), Robert, Lydia.

Any of this sound familiar to anyone? I would really like to find
when/where John and Anne were married and where they originated in
Ireland.

Thanks listers,

Linda Neely
Regina, SK

Certified Saskatchewan Record Searcher

"Not to know what happened before we were born is to remain perpetually
a child; For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into
the life of our ancestors? Cicero"

This thread: