ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 1999-02 > 0919220998

From: John Helmut Merz <>
Subject: [ONTARIO-L] Special Collections Hamilton Public Library.
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:09:58 -0800

Michael Costello wrote: mailto:

Hello John!
Don't forget those extra marriages for the years 1869 to 1873 as listed
in the newsletter!

There is plenty of parking in the downtown area of Hamilton, across from
the Library on York Boulevard. Unfortunately, the Indexes are just
that,
and contain no information except for a name, date of event, place of
event, and a registration number. You would still have to get to the
Archives to find the actual documents. You could use the Hamilton
library
to do your ground-work, then go the Archives knowing exactly what your
looking for.

Parking is very difficult and expensive in Toronto, so you may wind up
parking a considerable distance from the Archives. I would suggest
you park outside the downtown core and get the Archives by Subway
or Bus. I usually get to Toronto by Go-Bus (45 minutes to 1 hr), and
walk up from the Bus station at Dundas & Bay Streets, to the Archives
at College & Bay. From Dundas Subway station to College station is
only 1 stop, (abt 4 blocks).

Michael Costello

This thread: