ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 1998-09 > 0905620431

From: Rick Roberts <>
Subject: Re: 1817 Town of Perth Census
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 13:13:51 -0400

Hello Charles

The 1817 census of Perth was published by Mildred Livingston in a nine page
booklet on ISBN 0-920992-05-6 in October of 1980. Mildred cites her source as
the Archives of Ontario. No reference to microfilm number or control numbers
etc mentioned.

FYI

Rick Roberts
Global Genealogy Supply
http://globalgenealogy.com

Charles Dobie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the files of the Perth Museum I found a list of 553 names which seem to
> have been typed within the last 30 years or so.
>
> The first page is headed:
>
> "From Mr. Robert H. Hazelton, Toronto, Ontario --
> Copy of the "First Census" of Perth and Drummond, U. C. -
> List of Inhabitants within the limits of the Town of PERTH and
> Township of Durmmond in the County of Carleton Upper Canada."
>
> The census is dated Perth, 6th April, 1817.
>
> Before I transcribe this list for the LCGS website, can anyone tell
> me the source of this data? Is it from a microfilm? Has it been
> previously published? Someone's imagination?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charlie Dobie,
> P.O. Box 312, Perth, ON, Canada. K7H 3E4.
>

> ----------------------------------
> Do you have roots in Lanark County or the Ottawa Valley in eastern Ontario?
>
> Check out the LANARK COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY --
> -- Surname and research queries from over 150 LCGS members
> -- Documents (family Bibles & histories, voters' lists, directories)
> -- Articles (mostly concerning Lanark County and eastern Ontario)
>
> Address: <http://www.globalgenealogy.com/LCGS>;
>
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Check the URL below for help with SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE
> as well as other commands
> http://www.genweb.net/maillistinstruc.shtml
> Have Fun
> Randall Haight
> FREE WEB SPACE FOR GENEALOGY AND HISTORY WEB PAGES
> GO TO http://www.genweb.net

This thread: