ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 1998-09 > 0905527717

From: Charles Dobie <>
Subject: 1817 Town of Perth Census
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:28:37 -0400

Hello,

In the files of the Perth Museum I found a list of 553 names which seem to
have been typed within the last 30 years or so.

The first page is headed:

"From Mr. Robert H. Hazelton, Toronto, Ontario --
Copy of the "First Census" of Perth and Drummond, U. C. -
List of Inhabitants within the limits of the Town of PERTH and
Township of Durmmond in the County of Carleton Upper Canada."

The census is dated Perth, 6th April, 1817.

Before I transcribe this list for the LCGS website, can anyone tell
me the source of this data? Is it from a microfilm? Has it been
previously published? Someone's imagination?

Cheers,

Charlie Dobie,
P.O. Box 312, Perth, ON, Canada. K7H 3E4.

Do you have roots in Lanark County or the Ottawa Valley in eastern Ontario?

Check out the LANARK COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY --
-- Surname and research queries from over 150 LCGS members
-- Documents (family Bibles & histories, voters' lists, directories)
-- Articles (mostly concerning Lanark County and eastern Ontario)

Address: <http://www.globalgenealogy.com/LCGS&g

This thread: