ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 1998-08 > 0903445378

From: Del Templin <>
Subject: Re: McAllister-Wood/Stayner Cemetary
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:02:58 -0400

Heide, Wayne & All:

Many thanks for your help Heide and your offer to help Wayne. This is
not the person I am looking for after all. I was so excited to find a
name I forgot the OCFA shows maiden names in brackets.

The lady I am looking for is Jean McALLISTER born about 1905 of Scotch
descent married about 1927 to HURL likely in Tiny or Tay Twp, Simcoe Co.
She married later to a RUSSEL and again to ? so I jumped in thinking it
might have been Wood.

It's hard looking for someone when you don't know a name so you try a
few long shots.

By the way, Wayne, I was interested in your history of the Essex
Scottish Regiment in Canada. My father served as a stretcher bearer in
this regiment and is listed in the Second WW Book of Remembrance p 438
Schumilas. He is buried in Beny Sur Mer Cemetery near Caen in France. I
was there in 1973 and have pictures I will have scanned one of these
days.

This thread: