ONTARIO-L Archives

Archiver > ONTARIO > 1998-07 > 0900439696

From: John Helmut Merz <>
Subject: Oh well - how deep?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:08:16 -0700

Hello, Ontario subscribers, at the end of the fourth day this new
list had 79 subscribers, this looks beautiful, thanks everybody.

I have always wondered where our early pioneers got their water.
Of course, there was no problem when they were located on or near
a creek, a river or a lake, but what about those who were not
blessed with such natural features? Did they build cisterns to
catch rainwater, or dug wells, there was no way that they could
dig very deep, and if, how did they know where to dig to find
underground water?

Perhaps someone could elaborate on this for my and other interested
subscribers.
Cheers, John Merz, listowner.

This thread: