ONT-STORMONT-DUNDAS-GLENGARRY-L Archives

Archiver > ONT-STORMONT-DUNDAS-GLENGARRY > 2007-10 > 1191786510

From: "Denise DeForge" <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-STORMONT-DUNDAS-GLENGARRY] Maps Ontario and Quebec showingevery town but no highways.
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 15:48:30 -0400
References: <EDF3A856-0573-4D2E-9212-6A4E0CF8FD15@cogeco.ca><3BDF90C8FB274003B2E276B4EA3BF04B@Upstairs><EDF3A856-0573-4D2E-9212-6A4E0CF8FD15@cogeco.ca><3.0.6.32.20071006161350.007e3780@pop3.norton.antivirus><3.0.6.32.20071006200158.007e3870@pop3.norton.antivirus>
In-Reply-To: <3.0.6.32.20071006200158.007e3870@pop3.norton.antivirus>

Thank you Paul!
I came across this a while back, and now I am happy to thank you "in person"
for what you have posted! It is indeed very helpful.
Denise

From:
[mailto:] On Behalf Of
Beaurega
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [ONT-STORMONT-DUNDAS-GLENGARRY] Maps Ontario and Quebec showing
every town but no highways.

Hi Gary,

I am stunned that you received the first posting. When my original came
back to me, it said:
<<< No Message Collected >>> and that was it in the body of the message.

So I reposted it as a message just from me and that one never showed up.

The map I posted was very helpful to me and many others 10 years ago. When
someone gets a mis-spelled town name, I usually scan for fragments of the
name and can find 1-4 possibilites or a direct hit.

Cheers,

Paul
Researching Werner, Warner, Fetterly, Paupst, Poapst, and Schrey in the
pre-1855 period.

At 07:43 PM 10/6/07 -0400, you wrote:
>Paul, Thanks, a great map. Gary
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Beaurega" <>
>To: <>
>Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2007 4:13 PM
>Subject: Re: [ONT-STORMONT-DUNDAS-GLENGARRY] Maps Ontario and Quebec
showing
>every town but no highways.
>> Hi,
>> You can look up the names of towns in the 1800s and townships in the
>> various counties in Quebec and Ontario on this map reference. It is not
a
>> highway map. It is an election district map, sort of.
>> I have permission to post this page as shown at the top of the main map.
>> This map can now be purchased from NR Canada but $$$$. If you are a
>> serious researcher in these prov's, then you will get your own copy
>> original like me. This page has been there for many years. So you can
>> stop by anytime.
>> http://www.westol.com/~beaurega/map.htm
>> Under the maps is a COMPLETE text listing of the towns
>> Have fun,
>> Paul
>> At 11:52 AM 10/6/07 -0600, Gord Adams wrote:
>>>http://www.sdgcounties.ca/SDG_Main_Page.html
>>>
>>>I don't know how often people from other parts of Canada and the United
>>>States look at maps while they do genealogy but the United Counties of
>>>Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry have updated their website recently and
>>>have
>>>posted downloadable maps in PDF format. One document in particul;ar
>>>caught
>>>my eye, a Street Map and Street Index of the entire region.
>>>
>>>Roads do not move drastically over the years so superimposing these
>>>current
>>>maps with historical maps will aid many in locating where there ancestors
>>>lived.
>>>
>>>On the home page above, you will find Maps
>>>http://www.sdgcounties.ca/SDG_Maps_Main.html
>>>Under Maps they have another button for Geographic Information Systems
and
>>>maps you can Buy or Download for Free. The Maps you buy will be large
>>>format maps you can post on your wall. The Downloadable maps can be
>>>stored
>>>in a three ring loose leaf binder.
>>>http://www.sdgcounties.ca/SDG_GIS.html
>>>Gord Adams
>>>-------------------------------
>>>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word
>> 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the
>> message
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word
>> 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the
>> message
>-------------------------------
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word
'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word