Archiver > ONT-STORMONT-DUNDAS-GLENGARRY > 2007-10 > 1191701595

From: Beaurega <>
Subject: Re: [ONT-STORMONT-DUNDAS-GLENGARRY] Maps Ontario and Quebec showingevery town but no highways.
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 16:13:50 -0400

You can look up the names of towns in the 1800s and townships in the
various counties in Quebec and Ontario on this map reference. It is not a
highway map. It is an election district map, sort of.

I have permission to post this page as shown at the top of the main map.
This map can now be purchased from NR Canada but $$$$. If you are a
serious researcher in these prov's, then you will get your own copy
original like me. This page has been there for many years. So you can
stop by anytime.

Under the maps is a COMPLETE text listing of the towns

Have fun,

At 11:52 AM 10/6/07 -0600, Gord Adams wrote:
>I don't know how often people from other parts of Canada and the United
>States look at maps while they do genealogy but the United Counties of
>Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry have updated their website recently and have
>posted downloadable maps in PDF format. One document in particul;ar caught
>my eye, a Street Map and Street Index of the entire region.
>Roads do not move drastically over the years so superimposing these current
>maps with historical maps will aid many in locating where there ancestors
>On the home page above, you will find Maps
>Under Maps they have another button for Geographic Information Systems and
>maps you can Buy or Download for Free. The Maps you buy will be large
>format maps you can post on your wall. The Downloadable maps can be stored
>in a three ring loose leaf binder.
>Gord Adams
with the word
'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

This thread: